Friday, February 26, 2010

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Well, here it is February 26, 2010 and I am finally feeling like I can function after having both my knees replaced on December 9, 2009. Would I have done it had I known it would be such an ordeal? Hmmm! I thought I would be up and going by Christmas. Last week, I put the last of my Christmas away. Every day is better. Knees bend now so I can sit in a chair and get up.,..not pretty, but functioning. I can go shopping if I can lean on a cart. Still hard to sit for more than 20 minutes at a time. If I could sit for 2 hours, I would have gone with Dennis this morning when he went to Utah, and had him drop me off at the Quilt Barn in Kimberly. Always a super fun place to hang out with Heather and Halle.

Nikki is in Utah helping to coach a girls basketball team that is so far undefeated. She is also tutoring math and keeping busy. So it is just Dennis and I here- I am puttering around, he is putting around....taking the twins golfing every day that is warm enough. Then at night we watch the Olympics until it is TOO late....then start over the next day. What a life.

Outside it looks like spring is trying to come with the willows getting yellow on the ends, and the spring flowers trying to push up through the flowerbeds. But the prediction of snow tonight dashes all hopes of an early spring.

Snow doesn't last long up here, so that is good. We have lots of yard work to do this year, so hopefully it won't come for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment